Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Angel Sanctuary Licenced...?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member MikiRei's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 12th, 2003
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why is US releases so god damn slow?
    Thank god I know more than one language so I can get the faster releases.
    It's really stupid. A lot of these mangas have already been translated by many groups.
    eg. Flame of Recca - it's licensed one month AFTER SnoopyCool had translated the WHOLE 33 volumes.
    And now Angel Sanctuary when Omanga already finished it for like, 2 months? 3 months? No idea. It's been a WAY LONG TIME since they finished the project. Most people already have the whole series in their PC. Viz ain't gonna make much money when most people already have the series. By any chance, the files' probably all over the net in Mirc (Flame of Recca is still there even though SnoopyCool took off their links), Streamload and probably even KaZaa.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member spacelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Countess D:
    Same here...but even so, I have the *moral* duty of buying it...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I guess I'm buying it too. The reason why I don't think I'll like Viz's translations to it is because Viz has a tendancy to "Americanize," the manga (i.e. they flip the artwork so that you can read it left to right) and also it is more expensive than Tokyopop. At least Tokyopop does the "100% authentic manga" thing and is sorta cheap. *shrugs*
    Well anyways...

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Countess D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    What??? I already got used to reading from right to left. If I have to go back the other way I'm gonna get lost [img]confused.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Crystallyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmmmm. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    I don't know about whether it's flipped or not, but in my area Viz put their price down to $7.95 vs. TokyoPop's $9.95

    Just FYI

    ~Crystal
    (sleepy time now)

  5. #15
    Inactive Member spacelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Crystallyne:
    In my area Viz put their price down to $7.95 vs. TokyoPop's $9.95
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really? I'm going to have to look into that.
    I don't know about whether it's flipped or not...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me either but most Viz translations usually are.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member ^fluffy^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2002
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh well.. just think that this angel sanctuary is the first yuki kaori's work to be licensed, so at least it will introduce yuki-sensei's adorable, gorgeous artwork and twisted storyline (i also hope that ppl wont make a big deal out of the controversial storyline by relating it to religion etc etc) and i know many ppl that like reading the real manga better than reading it by scanlations, the most important thing is AS scanlations is already COMPLETE, so AS being licensed is not a big deal for us, ne? same.. i think i'll also buy it as my collections [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ October 02, 2003 11:55 PM: Message edited by: ^fluffy^ ]</font>

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Piro_Didi's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmmm....well i know its been out in french for a long time....they started with the first volume in may 2000 and the last volume came out last month....expressions are kinda weird in french but wich language i dont care as long as i get pretty illustrations to draw

  8. #18
    Inactive Member speakerofthedead's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2003
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    RE: Viz $7.95 - Over the summer holiday when I was in the States, I bough Naruto from Viz for $7.95, and that was flipped. So maybe they're making everything a bit cheaper, or at least the new ones.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Aricia's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm I would have liked it much better if it was Tokyo Pop that licensed it...I like Tokyo Pop and they actually release manga more..normally (though, still only about bi monthly...) XD And they do a whole lot of shoujo manga so it would...suit better XD hahaha

  10. #20
    Inactive Member SakuraSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i'd actually perfer if no one licenced it... >.>

    *sigh* i will pray Cain never gets licenced T.T

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •